Information theory is the study of the fundamental limits of information transmission (or coding) and storage (or compression). This course offers a broad introduction to information theory and its real-world applications. A subset of the following is covered: entropy and information; theoretical limits of lossless data compression and practical algorithms; communication in the presence of noise; channel capacity; channel coding.
- Objet de la théorie de l'information [pdf]
- Mesure quantitative de l'information [pdf]
- Codage de source discrète [pdf]
- Canaux discrets [pdf]
- Eléments d'algèbre discrète [pdf]
- Codes linéaires [pdf]
- Codes de Hamming et codes cycliques [pdf]